Wednesday, July 1, 2009

a brush with death and a outcome of life


June 23, 2009


5:30a.m.- Contractions begin and i get excited as anticipate the baby being born anytime, but i know i still have alot of work and time until then.

12:30p.m. -Labor is beginning to get more intense as i do everything in the book to help things progress

3:30 p.m.- Off to the pool as a last attempt to help body relax and make the labor progress quicker

4:00 p.m. - Ok, now pain is getting pretty intense, timing the contractions and getting ready to leave for the hospital.

5:00 pm- Ok now this really hurts, call dad to have someone pick up nico so we can go to the hospital

6:30p.m.- Knock at the door, dawns here, i feel a pop and warm liquid down my legs and water breaks the second we open the door. TIME TOO GO!!

7:00p.m.- On the way too the hospital, water still comming out, but why is it so bloody? I start to get scared.

7:15p.m.- Checked in too the hospital, nurse is concerned, there shouldnt be that much blood... nurse leaves the room and i tell gaston to pray for us to be ok

7:20p.m.- Too much blood is still comming out, Dr tells me to get ready for a immediate c-section,

7:25p.m.-Rushed too the operating room and prepped for surgury, the butterflies in my stomache seem to be making it all the way up to my heart, i keep praying for things to be ok.

surgury begins,

7:30p.m. Everything is rushed and no one has the time to tell me whats going on.

7:49p.m. I hear my baby at last. Sophie is here. Tears of joy and relief fill my eyes. I love her so much already. But why is she crying like that? someone please talk to me!

7:50p.m.- i hear them saying her measurements, 8 pounds? wow i knew she was going to be big, 19 in? same as nico, i wonder if she is doomed to be short as well, alot of hair? that explains the heart burn. i cant wait to see her, why wont they show her too me?

8:00p.m.- i finally see my little angel, so cute and looks like her daddy, my arms ache to hold her but i only get a glimps of her before she is rushed to be put on oxygen somewhere in the hospital. might as well be a different planet.

8:15p.m.- Finally ready to be taken to my room, im feeling really dizzy and can barely focus on what the dr is saying. I lost alot of blood. he had never seen the placenta ripping off that bad before, if we had waited any longer, me and my baby would have been in real trouble. maybe even not survived. I knew there was someone there watching over us.

8:30p.m.-11:00p.m. When will the shaking stop? why am i still so dizzy, i keep asking for my baby but no one seems to hear me. Im glad to have my mom and my husband and becky there with me to help me stay calm.

11:00p.m. - i finally get to meet my sophie. I am so happy to finally have her in my arms and i am overwelmed with love for my new daughter. I check her over to make sure everything is good and am relieved to find that she is just perfect after such a dramatic entrance into this world.


2 comments:

Steffen'effer said...

I'm so happy that you and Sophie are heathy! I love you!

Courtney J said...

That was really intense to read that. You're a good writer. We love you and Sophia.